There’s no debate about it. Investing in a security camera system is a smart move for virtually any business. For some, such as correctional facilities and large industrial complexes, bundled video kits are intrinsic to the work they do.
Quality camera systems help keep businesses safer and facilities more secure, serving as an objective witness and proven crime deterrent. A recent trend in business security, using all-in-one video security kits, is rapidly gaining popularity. How exactly do kits work, and does bundling your video surveillance system make sense for you?
All Inclusive Security Packages
Bundled video security kits are essentially a turnkey security camera system containing everything you need, from installation to ongoing management. What do these kinds of video kits normally include?
“One of the newest of our offerings includes perimeter and interior protection systems bundled with 1 or 2 IP cameras with on-board storage,” explains Richard Henke, president of On Guard Systems. “In that way the homeowner or small business owner gets a completely scalable package without the need of a financial investment of a multiple camera recording system.”
The cameras simply need a POE (Power over Ethernet) Internet switch and on-board storage micro card.
“Typically, the card can be anywhere from 32 to 256 gigabytes; which is plenty of archiving,” Henke says. These systems are remotely accessible, just like most of the automated security systems On Guard sells, leases, and leases-to-own.
The Benefits of Bundling
There are some compelling reasons to consider opting for a bundled video security system.
- They can demystify the purchasing process. No more wondering which components are best for your needs — and whether they will work properly with one another.
- Bundled kits simplify installation and implementation. According to SDM Magazine, a publication for security professionals, bundled kits “can take the complexity out of system setup/configuration, because security technicians are dealing with compatible products.”
- They can save you money. Often, you can purchase a bundled kit that is well-suited for your business for significantly less than you’d pay if you had purchased the components individually.
Finding the Right Bundle for Your Business
To figure out the bundle that would solve the unique security and safety issues at your business or facility, you have to ask the right questions:
- How many and what type of cameras do you need?
- Will they be indoors, outdoors, or both?
- What kind of lighting issues do you want to address?
- What type and size of recorder do you want?
- What do you want to achieve with your video management software?
If you don’t know the answers, it’s time to map out your surveillance goals and talk to a solid business security specialist about how best to achieve them.